sometimes you see a pun so artfully constructed you just have to stand back in awe.
Daniel Radcliffe and Dane DeHaan on the sex scene [in Kill Your Darlings] that made headlines +
There seems to be a whole generation of young actors coming up who honestly don’t give a crap about the gender of their on screen romances and are willing to call reporters on their bull shit.
ok so Harry Potter was awesome for a lot of reasons
- it encouraged kids to read
- it gained respect for children’s books and fantasy
- it was another nail in the coffin of “books by women don’t sell”
- it created a space in which many friendships were formed (I consider Harry Potter saved my life by giving me the friends who stopped me from taking it)
- it opened important conversations about race, war, and bullying for young readers
but it also—by sheer luck or miracle or the universe just being kind enough to let *this* guy be the one who was cast when he was eleven and nobody knew what kind of person he would become—gave a young man of honor and integrity and kindness and courage enough money and enough of a platform that he could take these roles and say these things and the world would pay attention
Everything Dita does is classy, I bet she could yell profaninties at me while wearing crocs and I’d still be all ‘ooh, what a lady!’
why do guys ask what color your bra is like what you gonna jack off to the color beige
Sass is the best way to avoid getting fined
Just a reminder to the world that there is this glorious feminist thing called the Hawkeye Initiative. Where people draw Hawkeye (and possibly other avengers) in various sexual poses that comic artists generally depict women in.
"I think the act of carrying something that is normally found in our bedroom out into the light is supposed to mirror the way I’ve talked to the media and talked to different news channels, etc," Emma continues in the full video which you can watch here.
So, I just want to go into HOW MUCH Columbia and the NYPD has failed, and revictimized, Emma Sulkowitz.
In her school hearing, Sulkowitz ” had to explain to the three administrators on the panel how anal rape worked. She told them she had been hit across the face, choked and pinned down, but, she said, one still seemed confused about how it was possible for someone to penetrate her there without lubricant. Sulkowicz said she had to draw them a diagram.”
"Her best friend was meant to be at the hearing; Sulkowicz had chosen her as her one “supporter.” But her friend was kicked out of that role for talking about the case, according to Sulkowicz, in violation of the university’s confidentiality policy. As punishment, her friend was also put on probation and made to write two reflection papers: one from the perspective of Sulkowicz and another from the accused."
FROM THE PERSPECTIVE
OF HER FRIEND’S RAPIST
- Two other women at Columbia have accused this guy of sexual assault/rape. But he’s been found not responsible in all instances, and is still on campus
- When she went to the police, one officer said: “”You invited him into your room. That’s not the legal definition of rape.”
- Another officer told her friends, who came with her: ““For every single rape I’ve had, I’ve had 20 that are total bull——,” he added. “It’s also my type of job to get to the truth. If that means being harsh about it, that’s what I do.”
I want to set literally everything on fire.
oh my god.
so, today, i was in the staff lounge for my work study and they had peanut m&ms for everybody to share. within, like, ten minutes, everybody who works there fucking rushes in there and grabs a handful.
but the one woman who i talk to the least because she looks so serious comes into the room super fast and suddenly just stops cause she sees that i’m there.
so she walks into the room all deliberate and restrained like an animal that’s super hungry but still stalking its prey and we’re making like the worst amount of eye contact i’ve ever wanted to make with someone. and she just shoves her fist into the bag like a dart while we’re still looking at each other and i give her one of these
and she says to me with the most solemn voice
"I’m going to have a fucking talk with the person who brought in these M&Ms"
and just leaves.
everybody. at this school. IS NUTS.